Your Future Has Been Told

I became a Christian in 1975.  I admit that was a long time ago but in some ways it seems like only yesterday.  During this period I was influenced by the ongoing interest people were generating about Bible prophecy.  On the morning of July 5th, I was re-aquainted with an old neighbor friend of mine who had just returned from Viet Nam earlier in the year.  There was something about him that I instinctively knew was different and I stopped over to see him in a restaurant.  He was cordial and invited me to listen to a tape about the second coming of Christ.  I was not interested in that as much as getting a ride in his vintage jaguar so I said yes.

To make a long story short, he came over that morning and instead of going in his car, we had to stay and listen to it at my house because of unexpected guests who came by my house that morning.  I had six people who came by without warning.  They all stayed and listened to that tape!  At the end of about an hour it was like the air had all been sucked out of the room and a huge unspoken question fell over the room.  It was "What do we do now?"  I voiced that question to my old friend and he went on to share the gospel with me in the presence of my guests.  In a few minutes I told him I wanted to be a Christian and he suggested I just bow my head to pray.  I did, and a few moments later when I lifted my head from praying out loud, I knew I had believed what God's Word had said about my sin, God's grace, God's love, and God's gift of everlasting life.  It was one of those truly unforgetable life-changing moments.  I still commemorate the key verse God used that day on the back of my business card.

"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."  (Rom 6:23)

The power of the gospel was greatly enhanced that day by the subject of of the message I had listened to for about an hour with all my guests.  It was about the coming one world government including the one-world church, one world currency, and the coming one-world leader .  I could see that morning with the Lord's help that these things were on the horizon of history.  I can see them even more clearly today forty-three years later.  Can you?  Can you see them developing?  Can you see the signs of Matthew 24 that Jesus gave His people, the Jews?  If not, let me encourage you to see the "signs of the times" all around us.  NONE of us know that date, the day, or the hour and if anyone suggests they do, ignore them!  However, do not be complacent about either His coming or your own relationship with God through Jesus Christ!  2 Peter 3:8 states,

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  The Lord is not slow concerning His promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."

Give thought to your own soul today!   Make sure you are ready.  If you are, keep an eye toward the future!  His coming should motivate each of us to live godly in this present world!


Comments

Popular Posts

Grow Spiritually This Summer!

What is God Doing?

It has been Written...............